and make music to your name,
O Most High
Concerts at LLHS
- Fall Concert is the first or second Sunday afternoon in November and features the Warrior Band along with elementary band "cadets" who prepare to join with the high school band through several Saturday mornings of practice at LLHS. The Warrior Swing Choir also debuts its choreographed pieces in preparation for its annual participation at WELS Choral Fest. See 2019 pics here
- Our sacred Christmas Concert is held on the Sunday before Christmas break and features all choirs and the band. The gym is often transformed into visual worship with stunning decor and luminaries light up the school in tribute. See 2019 photos here
- The fun annual Pops Concert pops up the last Sunday in January or first Sunday in February and is accompanied by a wonderful display of elementary student artwork at the Visual Arts Fest. Music typically has a trendy and light-hearted theme with pieces from bands and choirs, including the Warrior Jazz Band. 2019 pics here
- Our sacred Easter Concert has traditionally been on the calendar on the Wednesday evening before Holy Week begins and is a quiet joy that prepares hearts for the days leading up to the most wonderful day of the year!
- The final all-school concert of the year is Commencement, held the Sunday before graduation, and combines songs that thank and glorify God for another school year while also celebrating friendships made and the dreams of those readying to fly after high school. 2019 photos here
LLHS at 2020 WSMA District Festival
*1 (18) - Percussion Ensemble; Ella Collins/piano solo; Emma Berg / Musical Theater; Elizabeth Isham / piano solo; Emma Berg / Soprano solo; Gil Haw / Trombone solo; Jack DePrey-Isaac Winters-Jonah Heyerholm / Piano Trio; Katelyn McGurk / French Horn solo; Madelyn Plitzuweit / Piano solo; Jack DePrey / Piano solo; Cody Gumz / Drum Set Solo; Elizabeth Isham-Sarah Ulsberger-Jada Gresens / Piano Trio; Jada Gresens / Piano solo; Hannah Meyer / Musical Theater; Benjamin Kasper / Drum Set Solo; Hannah Meyer / Soprano solo; Elijah Wohling / Marimba Solo; Aaron Fritz / Euphonium solo.
1st (11) - Emma Schultz / piano solo; Calvin Geerdts / Trumpet solo; Jonah Heyerholm / piano solo; Caroline Schulz / flute solo; Trevor Holzhueter / Snare Drum solo; Evelyn Schauer / Oboe solo; Grace Thomas / Alto Sax solo; Natalie Raymond / piano solo; Manuel Iglesias / Flute solo; Megan Grambsch-Audrey Meier / Flute duet; Aree Huwe / Bassoon solo
Class C (7 entries)
1st (3) - Emma Horn-Kendall Lemke / piano duet; Elizabeth Brudos / piano solo; Grace Korth- Natalie Raymond / piano duet
State WSMA 2019
Lakeside Lutheran musicians medal at 2019 WSMA State Festival
At the WSMA State solo/ensemble festival at UW-Whitewater on April 27, 14 Lakeside entries involving more than 50 student musicians received first or second place medals.
Eight of those 14 state-qualifying entries earned a first, including the Warrior Percussion Ensemble and Swing Choir. In individual performances, six students were awarded a first. Soprano solos: Emma Berg, Olivia Fregien, Ashley Valerio; piano solos: Madelyn Plitzuweit and Ella Collins; and musical theater: Olivia Fregien.
Taking a second included the Jazz Ensemble. In individual performances, five students were awarded a second. Piano solos: Abby Buxa, Riley Schulz, and Madelaine Triebold; musical theater: Sophie Griffin; and marimba solo: Elijah Wohling.
To be eligible for State competition, the musicians were required to perform musical selections at Class A difficulty level, and earn a starred first rating at the WSMA District Festival held in February.