Planning for the 2021 parade season
(A generous donor has provided $100 for each marcher to participate summer 2021!)
Registration is open!
Thank you Warrior Band for a wonderful 2019 season!
Warrior Band Director: Glen Pufahl
920-648-2321 x1212 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the Music Parents page (MPO) for other info relevant to summer marching band, such as fundraising opportunities.
Make memories that last a lifetime! Each summer the Warrior Marching Band performs in 7-8 "local" parades (ranging from Appleton to Sun Prairie) and then alternates "long" and "short" trip years in early July. Ask any band or color guard member for some rave reviews, and ask Mr. Pufahl any questions you might have.
Some recent trips:
- Summer 2019 was a short trip to Cherry Fest in Traverse City, Michigan.
- Summer 2018 was a 2-week tour of the East Coast and Niagara Falls, featuring the Warrior Band in a NY 4th of July parade!
- Summer 2017 was a fun "short trip" year through the Midwest, including the awesome St. Louis parade.
- Summer 2016 was a 2-week Western trip, including Mount Rushmore and the Calgary Stampede in Alberta, Canada.
Online Registration for Summer Band 2020
- Online Registration begins November 15, 2019 for Commitment Fee
- Registration closes after the Fine Arts Fair weekend on Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- Be sure to have the following information available when registering your band student
- CHARMS allows you to see your fundraiser information, registration and trip fees, and music schedules and events.
- CHARMS will also be used as a communication tool for parents and students.
- If you have questions about CHARMS or Event Registration for the commitment fee, please email email@example.com
Summer Band Obligations
- Band Camp is mandatory! In order to be well prepared, all students must attend Band Camp. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Attendance at all parades and rehearsals is required.
- Planned absences must be excused in writing and turned in to Mr. Pufahl for approval prior to the absence. If a student is going to miss a rehearsal due to illness, call Mr. Pufahl. A written excuse signed by the parent must be turned in at the next rehearsal or event.
- Work is not a legitimate excuse. Students are expected to make arrangements with their employer and attend all rehearsals and performances.
- Promptness to rehearsals and performances is expected. Leaving early is NOT acceptable!
- Everyone is expected to act like a child of God at all times. Unchristian-like attitudes or conduct will not be tolerated.
- Dismissal from the summer band program will occur if a student continues to be disrespectful or demonstrates a lack of cooperation.
- Absences will be reviewed for future participation in the current Summer Band and Trip (if applicable).
Summer Band Forms
Summer Band Forms
- Shoe/Glove order form and info (used shoes available)
- Conduct Agreement
- Packing List
Trip Participation & Guidelines
Trip Participation and Guidelines
Who may go on a BAND TRIP?
- Students attending Lakeside Lutheran High School in the upcoming fall
- Outgoing Seniors
- Students that meet BOTH of the following requirements:
- Were enrolled in band both semesters of the previous year of the trip (except new students)
- Are current in payment of their Lakeside Lutheran High School tuition
- Class scheduling conflicts for band students will be taken under advisement for students who have fulfilled the other required obligations.
Interested in joining Summer Band but don’t play an in instrument?
We have two other options for you: Honor Guard (banner, American Flag, Wisconsin Flag, etc.) and Color Guard (spinning the colorful flags). Questions? Contact Jennifer Ertman: 920-397-2603 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration will be done online beginning November 15. Please stay tuned for that link.
- Registration for Summer Band closes at the Fine Arts Fest on Sunday, March 29, 2020.
Parents: Click the arrow for sign out procedures, parade times & routes, and uniform care
Here is some information for the upcoming season's parades. The routes should be attached for each of the parades. Some of the parades might be closer to your house. So, it would make sense for you to meet us at the parade staging area instead of coming all the way to Lakeside. If that is the case, your marcher will need to make sure to take his/her uniform and instrument home after the Thursday rehearsal prior to that parade. Also, please send me an email stating that you will be meeting us at the parade.
After each parade, except Appleton, parents may sign their child(ren) out to take them home from there. If you meet us at a particular parade, your child will not be counted on the bus attendance sheet. That means that you are "in charge" of making sure they get home. We will not leave anyone behind. However, they will not have had a chance to sign in on the sheet on the bus. Therefore, you do not need to sign them out after the parade. I do ask that you let me know that you are taking your child though so that I know where they are going.
If your child meets us at Lakeside on a parade day, they will sign a sheet when they get on the bus. This sheet will have their name neatly printed and will indicate whether they are returning with the bus or with a parent. If you are taking your child home with you from the end of a parade, you need to sign him/her out at their bus prior to you taking them. This is done with a chaperone that is on that bus. If you are having some other person picking your child up after the parade, your child needs to provide a parent-signed note indicating that this is your (the parent) wish. I will not allow a child to go home with anyone other than their parents if they do not have a note from you, their parents. Also, if you are signing your child out, please make sure that you are at the end of the parade route/indicated ending location when the band arrives there. Please do not make us wait for the entire parade to finish before you come to the sign your child out. We like to keep a very tight time frame with leaving as to get kid back home on a timely manner. If you are not there when we are ready to leave, we will leave when your child and you will need to pick him/her up at Lakeside. Please let me know if you have any questions on this procedure.
Uniform care if picking up from end of the parade
If you are picking your child up from the end of a parade instead of Lakeside, please make sure that all uniform pieces stay together. Your child will need to make sure that they take their hat box and garment back with them so that everything can be properly cared for when you arrive home.
Upon arriving home and changing, please hang up your uniform properly as you would if you were at Lakeside. Please DO NOT zip up the garment bag until it is ready to be brought back to Lakeside. Turn a fan on the uniform so that it can dry and air out. Please remember to return the uniform to Lakeside at the absolute next time you come to Lakeside for a rehearsal or a parade.
- parent handbook
- band camp packing list
- shoe order form
inventory form for trip