Warrior Marching Band
The Warrior Marching Band summer program spends June on parade in local communities. In July, there is the opportunity to travel out of state. Open to students currently in grades 8-12, the most common way to participate is by marching and playing an instrument. However, students are also needed for Honor Guard (banner/U.S. flag, etc.) and Color Guard (colorful flags). In addition to learning valuable musical skills, mental toughness and discipline, teens are blessed with many opportunities to witness their Christian faith. Countless teens share that some of their favorite memories are from band trips!
Interested in joining Summer Band but don’t play an instrument?
We have two other options for you: Honor Guard (banner, American Flag, Wisconsin Flag, etc.) and Color Guard (spinning the colorful flags). Rehearsals begin in January! Questions? Contact Jennifer Ertman: 920-397-2603 [email protected]
Summer 2024 Warrior Band !
Parents: Click the arrow for sign out procedures, parade times & routes, and uniform care
Here is some information for the upcoming season's parades. Some of the parades might be closer to your house. So, it would make sense for you to meet us at the parade staging area instead of coming all the way to Lakeside. If that is the case, your marcher will need to make sure to take his/her uniform and instrument home after the Thursday rehearsal prior to that parade. Also, please send Mr. Pufahl an email stating that you will be meeting us at the parade.
After each parade, except Appleton, parents may sign their child(ren) out to take them home from there. If you meet us at a particular parade, your child will not be counted on the bus attendance sheet. That means that you are "in charge" of making sure they get home. We will not leave anyone behind. However, they will not have had a chance to sign in on the sheet on the bus. Therefore, you do not need to sign them out after the parade. I do ask that you let me know that you are taking your child though so that I know where they are going.
If your child meets us at Lakeside on a parade day, they will sign a sheet when they get on the bus. This sheet will have their name neatly printed and will indicate whether they are returning with the bus or with a parent. If you are taking your child home with you from the end of a parade, you need to sign him/her out at their bus prior to you taking them. This is done with a chaperone that is on that bus. If you are having some other person picking your child up after the parade, your child needs to provide a parent-signed note indicating that this is your (the parent) wish. I will not allow a child to go home with anyone other than their parents if they do not have a note from you, their parents. Also, if you are signing your child out, please make sure that you are at the end of the parade route/indicated ending location when the band arrives there. Please do not make us wait for the entire parade to finish before you come to the sign your child out. We like to keep a very tight time frame with leaving as to get kid back home on a timely manner. If you are not there when we are ready to leave, we will leave when your child and you will need to pick him/her up at Lakeside. Please let me know if you have any questions on this procedure.
Uniform care if picking up from end of the parade
If you are picking your child up from the end of a parade instead of Lakeside, please make sure that all uniform pieces stay together. Your child will need to make sure that they take their hat box and garment back with them so that everything can be properly cared for when you arrive home.
Upon arriving home and changing, please hang up your uniform properly as you would if you were at Lakeside. Please DO NOT zip up the garment bag until it is ready to be brought back to Lakeside. Turn a fan on the uniform so that it can dry and air out. Please remember to return the uniform to Lakeside at the absolute next time you come to Lakeside for a rehearsal or a parade.
Summer Band Vanco registration
Online Registration for Summer Band (contact Mr. Pufahl)
St. Louis trip 2024 and/or local parades Vanco registration here when it becomes active
The cost for the summer band program will appear here, to include all travel for the season, band camp food and activities, plus meals, activity and lodging expenses. There is opportunity for students to participate in local parades without joining in the trip at a lower cost (ask for details). General questions regarding the band and how you can get involved, please contact Director Pufahl at [email protected].
Summer Band Obligations
- Band Camp is mandatory! In order to be well prepared, all students must attend Band Camp. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Attendance at all parades and rehearsals is required.
- Planned absences must be excused in writing and turned in to Mr. Pufahl for approval prior to the absence. If a student is going to miss a rehearsal due to illness, call Mr. Pufahl. A written excuse signed by the parent must be turned in at the next rehearsal or event.
- Work is not a legitimate excuse. Students are expected to make arrangements with their employer and attend all rehearsals and performances.
- Promptness to rehearsals and performances is expected. Leaving early is NOT acceptable!
- Everyone is expected to act like a child of God at all times. Unchristian-like attitudes or conduct will not be tolerated.
- Dismissal from the summer band program will occur if a student continues to be disrespectful or demonstrates a lack of cooperation.
- Absences will be reviewed for future participation in the current Summer Band and Trip (if applicable).
Trip Participation & Guidelines
Trip Participation and Guidelines
Who may go on a BAND TRIP?
- Students attending Lakeside Lutheran High School in the upcoming fall
- Outgoing Seniors
- Students that meet BOTH of the following requirements:
- Were enrolled in band both semesters of the previous year of the trip (except new students)
- Are current in payment of their Lakeside Lutheran High School tuition
- Class scheduling conflicts for band students will be taken under advisement for students who have fulfilled the other required obligations.
Warrior Band Director: Glen Pufahl
920-648-2321 x1212 or e-mail [email protected]