Music Parents Organization (MPO)
A social fundraiser for the LLHS music department
2022-2023 MPO semi-annual meetings
8/31/2022 MPO Semi-Annual Mtg 6:30 pm
2/5/2023 MPO Semi-Annual Mtg 3:15 (after Pops Concert)
Music Parents are currently organized by these volunteers:
MPO Board 2022-23
MPO hosts individual student fundraising opportunities each semester. The fall semester involves personal selling of food items, and the spring semester features SnapRaise, an e-mail-based activity where musicians can share travel plans and request donations from family and friends. These are Warrior musicians' opportunities to save for band and choir trips, where profits from sales go into personal trip savings accounts. We appreciate all the faithful support from friends and family. Info for the next school year appears on this page as soon as it's available.
Occasionally, group events will take place that raise money that is applied to keep trip costs lower or go to pay for special events that the students enjoy while participating in musical events or trips without needing to charge additional costs to families. MPO FUNdraisers— Even years, bowling event; Odd years, Casino night
Fall 2022 Fundraising info is here!
- Stone Creek Coffee (including custom Warrior label!)
- Emil's Pizza
- Racine Danish Kringles
- Otis Spunkmeyer cookie dough
Looking for Summer Band info?
SnapRaise fundraiser Spring 2022
SnapRaise fundraiser Spring 2022
LLHS summer band participants are encouraged to act immediately to take advantage of a new and different opportunity to ask for support in travel costs as they represent the Lord and LLHS on band trips!
- Snap Raise sets up a webpage for our group with links/QR codes so families/friends can easily access the page.
- Teens create an account by following these instructions. They add a photo and provide emails of family and friends who like the goal of the Warrior Band and who may be willing to support with an online monetary donation.
- Each teen's profit is separated behind the scenes so everyone gets to keep what they make (students get 80% of all donations to their page).
- The average donation received is $35/email
- The fundraiser runs for 28 days. Snap Raise sends one email/week to the emails teens provide. The emails provide a bio, links to the page, and QR codes to the page. There are also flyers teens can share at school, at work, church, etc. as well as info they can share on social media if they choose.
Warrior Band Trip Chaperone Requirements/Policy
- have a child in the band (If a parent is not able to chaperone, an adult close relative, i.e. grandparent, may fill in. This would need to be approved by the MPO Executive Board.)
- be a positive, Christian role model for our teens
- conduct him/herself in a Christian manner
- complete and clear a criminal background check
- serve as a parade chaperone for at least one of the local parades
- volunteer for at least one shift during Band Camp (overnight is recommended but not required if work dictates this as not possible)
- be able to get off of work for the entirety of the band trip (Calgary 2020 is June 28-July 11)
- to be present the night before trip departure to help pack truck
- be present at pre-trip chaperone meetings as scheduled
- be chosen by Mr. Pufahl and other members of the MPO Executive Board
- be willing to serve in multiple capacities on the trip (uniforms, kitchen help, packing truck, etc.)
- have a physical completed and WI DOT form filled out and both on file at Lakeside (if driving the van with students)
The following link will open the Music Parents Handbook. There you will find more information on the the organization, how you can assist, and more details about opportunities to make a difference in the lives of Lakeside Lutheran students by helping them have rewarding, fun, meaningful Christian experiences with God's gift of music!
At the MPO special meeting on April 16, 2014, it was approved to update the constitution as was written and published.