Dances/Homecoming/ May Banquet
May Banquet schedule of events
Saturday, May 4, 2019
5:30 For Seniors Only: Doors open. Check in at Atrium.
6:00 For all students: Doors open. Check in at the Atrium doors. (Not at the front office doors)
6:45 Dinner is served.
~7:15 Grand March – West Gym
Senior Tribute – East Gym
7:00 Doors are locked. No late arrivals are allowed. No early departures.
10:30 Students may begin to depart.
11:30 The evening ends. All students must be out of the building and picked up at that time or very shortly thereafter.
Guidelines for all LLHS Dances
BEHAVIORAL GUIDELINES for the dance
- Hands are above the waist, but do not touch an individual in a sexual way (or to give the impression that you’re doing that).
- No “dirty dancing,” front-to-back dancing, or “pelvic grinding."
- No running into people on the dance floor, or putting people on your shoulders.
- Chaperones will intervene in any inappropriate situation. The directions they give are authoritative. Chaperones may expel a student from a dance. Parents will be contacted if their child is expelled from a dance.
- If a person or couple needs to be warned more than once, they may be asked to leave the dance or sit out for the remainder of the dance.
- Continued defiance of school rules may result in a student, or couple, being banned from future dances.
DRESS CODE for formal and semi-formal dances
For guys, a shirt and tie would be appropriate.
For girls, a dress must meet the following guidelines…
- Attire should not show cleavage or abdomens. No two-piece dresses.
- See-through dresses are not allowed.
- No cut-outs are allowed on the sides or front panels of dresses.
- Backless dresses should be waist-line height or higher with appropriate coverage on the sides.
These dress code guidelines also pertain to non-LLHS students who may be attending formal dances as guests. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in the student/guest not being admitted to the dance.
Did you read the article in the Wall Street Journal, describing high schools around the country requiring students to adhere to a certain level of dress at formal events? You can find that article here.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance
- Students are not permitted to leave a dance and return later
- No carry-ins (soda, water, etc.) of any kind are allowed
- Students who are suspended may not attend school dances.
- Parents of missing students (those who purchased tickets but did not attend) are contacted
- Guests are registered in advance and cleared by the administration. A boy may invite a girl as a guest /date, or vice versa. Inviting same-gender-friends as guests is not allowed.
- Age: Students must be at least in the ninth grade to attend. Students who graduated from high school one year ago, or less, may attend. Students older than this may not attend.
- Students under disciplinary probation or who are serving a suspension related to behavior or a training rules violation may not be a representative on a Homecoming or May Banquet court, or serve as an escort or emcee.
2018 Homecoming Week & Dance
LLHS Homecoming 2018 is the week of September 24-29, with a dance the night of September 29. In their class competitions, students will decorate hallways, doors, windows and floats, as well as produce class videos. The classes will center ideas around the chosen Homecoming theme.
The schedule leading up to that weekend includes:
Senior Friend Day | PJ Day | Dodgeball | JV Football game v. LPS 5 pm
Crazy Dress-up Day | Musical Chairs | Soccer at Columbus | Home Volleyball match v. LPS, including “Volley for Hope” fundraising bake sale, raffles and other activities that will raise funds for Tomorrow’s Hope, 4:30 PM
Project Work Day | Powder Puff Football | Boys Volleyball | Talent Show 1:50-3 pm
Decades dress (students dress in styles from assigned class decades) | Handball | Golf Regionals at Sturtevant | JV2 Football at LPS
Dress Warrior Wear | Pep Rally | Downtown parade 5 PM | Alum Zone in East Gym 5:30-7 PM | Football game v. Lake Mills 7 PM | Marching Band Field show & Dance team performance at halftime
- 7:30 Doors open. Check in at the Atrium Doors. (Not at the front office doors)
- 8:30 Doors are locked. No late arrivals are allowed. No early departures.
9:30 Students may begin to depart.
10:30 The evening ends. All students must be out of the building and picked up at that time or very shortly thereafter.Student Council has determined this dance to be "semi-formal." See dress code above. Students need to follow all school guidelines so that they are not turned away at the door or asked to leave.
- Guidelines for the Wednesday Work Day of Homecoming week will post for the current year in the week before the event as required.