Motivated by the love of Jesus, Lakeside Lutheran High School partners with families to educate, encourage, and equip students for life and for eternity.
- To maintain a curriculum that has as its focus the inspired, inerrant Word of God
- To cultivate a curriculum that produces students who desire to reach their full potential
- To create and maintain a school climate that is consistent with God's will
- To help students understand that their faith is relevant in life and their individual gifts should be used for lifelong ministry in their homes, vocations, churches and communities
- To promote Christian family life
- To hold steadily before our students the opportunity for full time called service in the church
Philosophy of Ministry and Discipline
LLHS policies are rooted in God’s will. God gave us a Savior because He loves us. He gave us commandments for Christian living for the same reason. Obedience to His will is an act of worship which also brings blessings to the Christian Church as we spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
Certain areas of student behavior and conduct receive special attention in the student handbook, available below and in printed in each student planner. Every student and parent should be aware that a student handbook cannot address every situation of student discipline. Not every “do” and “don’t” will be listed. A Christian is guided by the will of God and willingly receives admonition and instruction when his words or actions offend others or disrupt the ministry of Lakeside. Lakeside reserves the right to revise policies, amend rules, or alter regulations at any time in accordance with the best interests of this ministry.
Because each of us is a disciple of Christ all day long, Lakeside Lutheran’s ministry will sometimes reach beyond campus. At extracurricular events, while traveling to and from school, and even during free time, students and faculty either live as disciples or deny the faith through their actions and words. Each disciple seeks to grow in Christian living at home and school, and we need to be held accountable as disciples of Christ.
Those interested in Lakeside Lutheran High School who hold church affiliations other than the WELS or ELS should first plan to meet with Lakeside administration in order to carefully evaluate the school’s mission and beliefs. When unity in spirit and purpose is clearly communicated by the enrollee and family, applications are encouraged and readily considered.