Staying in Touch
Below is a listing of the many ways your LLHS attempts to keep our families and supporters in the know about what's happening and what's important. Read through to familiarize yourself and click to explore further.
During the school year, Lakeside e-mails a mobile-friendly weekly newsletter, called Warrior E-News, written with current Lakeside families in mind. It provides current information about events, opportunities and news for students and parents, including hotlinks to valuable info. The newsletter is sent out Tuesday afternoons to subscribed e-mail addresses; a link to the newsletter is also Tweeted and posted on Facebook.
Subscribe and see past issues from the "View/Subscribe to Weekly E-News" at right.
Lakeside on Twitter
Beginning with the 2017-18 school year, LLHS is moving away from using Twitter for emergency and other important information. We contact parents and guardians through SwiftK12, a notification tool on the PowerSchool platform (see more info here
) for school or activity cancellations or delays. Our Tweets will continue on a semi-regular basis, but the content will be non-emergency content.
Please Note: You do not need to have a Twitter account to receive our Tweets!
There are three ways to read Tweets from @LakesideLuthHS:
- Look to the Twitter feed on llhs.org. Scroll through the most recent Tweets on our home page. With this method, you must seek the Tweets; no notifications are sent to you. Our Tweets automatically post to the LLHS Facebook page as well.
- To receive @LakesideLuthHS Tweets as cell phone text messages without having your own Twitter account: "Fast Follow" by texting the words "follow LakesideLuthHS" (without quotation marks; be sure to include a space after the word "follow") to text recipient 40404. You will immediately receive a generic message from Twitter that you ignore; you will also then receive the most recent Lakeside Tweet. When these two Tweets come to your phone, you know you're signed up. All future Tweets will be sent to your cell phone as text messages. You can stop delivery anytime by texting "stop".
- If you already have your own Twitter account: Follow @LakesideLuthHS. Do you want LLHS Tweets to be pushed as a notification without getting every Tweet pushed as well? See instructions here on how to set @LakesideLuthHS as a push without needing to allow all.
Twitter's help page for fast follow commands is here
Want your own Twitter account instead so you can join in the conversation? Start here
Lakeside now streams many home events, from basketball games to concerts to graduation! If you're unable to attend in person, watching form your phone or home computer is a great alternative. There is no cost or registration to access the Lakeside Livestream page, located at <livestream.com/llhslive
>. There you can see which LLHS are scheduled for Livestreaming. Events are archived for at least the school year, so you can see the event even if you can't be at your screen at the exact time! You can also link directly to Livestream from the bottom of the llhs.org home page.
Lakeside on Issuu
Lakeside archives all of its print publications (including the Link, Advantage and Legacy magazines, the monthly Federation Connection newsletter, the Warrior Times Weekly student newspaper, as well as other assorted pubs, to its Issuu page, located at <issuu.com/llhs>.
Lakeside on Smugmug
There are many photos taken for many reasons at Lakeside – school activities like Homecoming, grade school visits and events, public events on campus such as Veterans Day, Lakeside family times such as Grandparents Day and more. Our smugmug archive allows us to organize many of these photos in a way for you to browse and then download for free the pics that matter to you! Start at <llhs.smugmug.com
Cell phones and other phone numbers
It is very important for Lakeside to have your current phone number(s). You supply "emergency contact information" at registration, but if any changes take place during the school year, please notify the school immediately. "Update your info" at the link on the blue menu above right.
Smartphone calendar apps
If you'd like an easy way to subscribe to all events on the LLHS calendar for 2017-18 on your smartphone calendar app (iCal, Outlook or Google), go to this link http://www.llhs.org/apps/events/
and tap "subscribe" above the mini month calendar along the right side.
Want only specific Lakeside rSchool activity calendars on your phone?
To subscribe to only certain calendars (e.g. one sports team) go to rSchool
, click the team whose schedule you want to subscribe to, click view, and from the window that pops up, tap subscribe. You'll be provided with a link for your type of phone for that specific schedule.
Add LLHS calendar events to a desktop Google calendar
1. Open http://calendar.google.com
in a web browser.
2. Along the left side of calendar, click on the dropdown arrow under Other Calendars:
3. Select Add by URL.
4. Copy and pastehttp://srv3.advancedview.rschooltoday.com/public/conference/ical/u/11bc9d5e2078fd57956fcdd2dc1b3621
into the 'URL' field (for 2017-18 events)
5. Click Add Calendar
6. The Lakeside Calendar will now be found under your "Other Calendars."